<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Movies on DVD I have seen this week 

I have been concentrating on dvd movies for the last week or so. Catching up with movies that I really wanted to see, but did not have time until now.

So I have for you L.I.E , Girl with a pearl earring, and Coffee and Cigarettes.

L.I.E is a very well done albeit disturbing little film. We have a kid who loses his mother in a car accident on the Long Island Expressway(lie), his father is embezzeling money from his company and has a new girlfriend (who is way hotter than the dead wife). Howie falls into the wrong crowd at school, nobody seems to notice though. He and his new friends are robbing area homes, and getting into all sorts of other trouble. When one of the robbery victims finds Howie and his friend Gary he demands his things back. Gary has left town though leaving Howie to fix the problem.

We are quickly led into a world of inapproriate relationships involving old men and young boys. I will tell you that it does not turn out the way that you think it will. I have seen a lot of movies and was convinced that I knew what would happen, I was very pleasantly suprised and I think you will be as well.


Girl with a Pearl Earring was alright. That is about all I can say. It was not a bad movie, the costumes and the lighting were absolutly amazing. I LOVE Scarlet Johanson in anything she chooses. Collin Firth does a great job as well. This is most definitely a rental, but only if you like me have a "thing" for Scarlett or you have a thing for art(Dutch artists), or if you really enjoyed the book.

And Coffee and Cigarettes. Blah! I have nothing to say here, I could only watch 10 minutes of this. I realized that it was not going to get any better and went to the store. It was over by the time I got back. I lacked the caring to be bothered to turn it off; that is pretty bad. Maybe someone has watched it all the way through and would like to tell me why it is good. I really am curious, all my favorite people are in it.

That is all for now. I will be back with more.
Comments: Post a Comment
0 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?